Outside of the property, birds represent the best of nature. They sing. They eat insects. They fly in the air and they rarely have any effect on human activity. But on or near your property, birds can become a serious pest. Their droppings have disease. They knock over trash. They steal food.
Bird removal is an important part of pest control, especially in the commercial/business sector where birds can become an expensive and revenue altering pest. Local Pest is a Vancouver bird removal and prevention company that is capable of humanely and effectively relocating birds away from the property so that your family or customers are unaffected.
For more information about bird control in Vancouver, Chilliwack, Coquitlam, Abbotsford, Richmond, Surrey, and most of Western Canada, please call us today at 778-828-6094.
Types of Birds We Remove
Our team is available to help exclude and deter nearly all different types of birds that may reside or visit the area. These include:
- Starlings, and More
In addition, the approach we use to remove birds is humane. We do not hurt, injure, or kill any birds. We use bird deterrents, repellents, and exclusion to make sure that birds leave your property and no new birds enter. This process is safe, effective, and environmentally friendly.
When to Call a Bird Control Service in Vancouver, BC
Birds are usually not a problem until they are. It’s not uncommon to have one or two birds flying around your property now and then. But birds can become a problem very quickly in a variety of different ways:
- They Can Move In – Many businesses and homeowners find that birds have moved into their attics or storage areas, potentially making noise and leaving their droppings all over the property.
- They Can Come in Group – If one bird finds the area around your property hospitable, many more birds may come as well leading to potentially dozens of birds gathered close to your entrances.
- They Can Steal – Depending on the area around your property, birds may also get into the garbage, steal trash, or even break into your property. That causes issues for family, customers, health inspectors, and more.
Individual birds may have their own issue as well, with some birds getting aggressive if you’re near their nest or other birds carrying with them diseases. Many birds, such as pigeons, carry with them a host of different illnesses if they leave droppings on your property. Near some buildings, like hotels, birds can also lead to a distracting amount of noise.
Our Bird Control and Bird Removal Services in Vancouver, BC
Instead of killing or harming birds, the best approach to addressing bird “invasions” is preventing. There are a series of techniques that are highly effective at removing birds from your property so that they can find a home somewhere else. Because there are so many different types of birds and bird issues, the exact approach may differ greatly depending on the challenge. But possible techniques include:
- Deterrents – Modifications like spikes or angling ledges are designed to remove potential landing spaces so that birds are forced elsewhere.
- Sealants and Netting – We can make additions to the property that prevent birds from entering or keep them away, such as sealing holes in the roofing.
- Bird Repellents – There are some products that may help repel birds when only a temporary fix is needed.
- Elimination of Source – With our bird control services, we can also review your property to see if there is something that attracts birds, like easy access to garbage cans, and then eliminate those so that birds have less of a reason to come back.
At Local Pest, our Vancouver bird control services are meticulous. Sometimes the reason for these birds isn’t always clear, so our technicians will take a detailed approach to reviewing your property in order to determine which bird removal techniques will work.
Our Bird Removal Service Area
Though based in Vancouver, Local Pest serves most of BC, from big cities to the small towns. We are commercial pest control specialists that also offer residential services, allowing us to tackle problems both large and small. Some of the cities we serve include:
- New Westminster, and More
If you are in need of bird removal services, let us know by calling us today at 778-828-6094 or filling out the form below. We are happy to offer you a quote for our services, or assist you in any way we can with both monthly and one time pest control.
Bird Control FAQ
Q: If you don’t kill the birds won’t they come back?
Birds are survivalists. They go where they think they can be safe, and where they find what they need. If their entrance points or closed or their landing spots are blocked, they’ll relocate to find something safer and easier. We believe in humane wildlife control, especially with birds as they are easier to move and better for the environment. In addition, killing the birds would only be band-aid fix, as the same issues that led to bird invasions will continue to re-occur.
Q: Do I have to get bird spikes installed?
No. We know that some businesses and homeowners do not like the appearance of spikes on a property. There are other deterrents we can use to prevent birds that can be successful alternatives.
Q: I saw fake owls on a house once. Do those work?
They can make a few birds think twice about landing, but birds are some of the smartest animals on the planet. They are unlikely to find the owl disconcerting for long, as they’ll eventually realize it is not a real animal and start to avoid it.
Q: How much does bird control cost?
All costs for pest control scale according to the property size, degree of problems, and the type of pest, and that is especially true of bird control as many products may need to be used to discourage birds. We encourage you to call us for a competitive quote, as the range of costs is directly tied to too many different factors.